Friday, August 28, 2015

Messages, Emails, Overwhelmed.

So.... It's late at night....

I'm pretty tired..... and usually when I'm tired and can't fall asleep, I get emotional and, well, more tired....

But this is a blog post where I wanted to apologize...

With the new calling I've gotten in my ward, I've had to check my emails more often, and realized I've had people emailing me who I, for the most part, haven't been responding to simply because it is so overwhelming to me...

I almost never get on Facebook anymore, but just happened to do so tonight to follow through with some things that had to do with emails.... and decided to check my messages.... and.... well, lets just say I have close to 50 unanswered Facebook messages.... Almost all of them from people reaching out to me because of my blog, or because of my Voice(s) of Hope video....

Many of these messages are from people asking for help and advice, or just wanting someone to talk to. Because many of these people are not my "friends" on Facebook, their messages went to my "Other" box, which does not send you notifications.... and in my "Other" inbox, I found over 30 messages.... some more than a year old that I've never seen or read before....

I am writing this blog post because I want to apologize to some of those who have attempted to contact me in some way and I have never gotten back to you. I truly wish I could get back to all of you, help all of you, be someone to talk to... But right now, life is just too demanding and preoccupying... and so I wanted to apologize.

In all honesty, I don't think I will ever be able to go through and adequately respond to all of the messages I have received.

We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father, and while I wish I could help everyone who reaches out to me personally, I have limits that I can't help.

I don't want this post to be a deterrent either. Please don't feel like you can't reach out to me. If you feel the need or desire to contact me, please try. And I'll do what I can within my limit to respond. But if I can't, please understand that I still love you, and truly wish I could.

Life is crazy, and I want people to know I love them, and that I want to be there for them, but I also need to be realistic and honest about my limits.

So please forgive me for my faults, or if I have ever caused offense or pain because I wasn't able to respond, or never got your messages.

Life is tiring, but life is good. The future is bright, and I'll keep trying my best.

Well, it's late. I should probably try to sleep ;)

God Bless,

With love and appreciation,

Mitchell Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment